Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyers: Strategies to Dissuade Crash VictimsMarch 7, 2016
Truck accidents involving 18-wheelers tend to result in more injuries and fatalities than car accidents, simply because of the sheer size and force of the vehicle. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2013, approximately 95,000 people were injured in accidents involving large trucks and 3,964 people were killed. An individual who has been seriously injured in a truck accident needs someone on their side to make sure their legal rights are protected. A skilled Baltimore truck accident lawyer can go to battle for you and ensure that the parties responsible for your injuries are held liable.
Before proceeding with filing a claim, it is important to be aware of the some of the tactics the trucking companies use in order to convince victims that they do not have a strong case. The following are five strategies used by trucking companies:
- Accusing victims of negligence: Some trucking companies will try to turn the tables and accuse the victim of negligent driving.
- Convincing victims to accept quick settlements: Trucking companies will often try to convince victims to accept a quick payment to avoid paying more money for long-term medical care or other damages before they have been properly calculated.
- Delaying settlement offers: Intentionally delaying responses to claims is a way that trucking companies try to intimidate victims and make them feel powerless.
- Paying for attorneys and claims adjusters: Trucking companies can often afford to pay top dollar for expensive attorneys and claims adjusters, making victims feel that they have little chance of winning if they have to face such a high powered legal team.
- Hiding or manipulating pertinent documents: Some trucking companies even play dirty by hiding relevant evidence in order to avoid taking responsibility for the accident.
At LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, we are familiar with these tactics and will fight hard to ensure that your interests are a top priority.
Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Represent Victims Injured in Trucking Accident
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a truck accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Baltimore truck accident lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton will thoroughly examine the details of your case and recommend the best course of action. For a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie and Towson, allowing us to represent injured truck accident victims and their families throughout Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Parkville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood and Elkridge.